Lollipops are an old-school favorite! You can buy a lollipop anywhere, but it's more fun to make them at home! You need a few pieces of equipment and if you already have this equipment, then, its good to go. You'll also want lollipop sticks, a flavoring extract and perhaps food coloring.
The best part this is that you can completely customize them and design your lollipop whatever you want!
- 1 cup sugar½ cup light corn syrup
- ¼ cup water
- 1-1/2 tsp extract of your choice
- Food coloring (optional)
- Lollipop molds and sticks
1. Prepare your lollipop molds by spraying them lightly with nonstick cooking spray. Then, insert the lollipop sticks into the molds.
2. Combine the sugar, corn syrup, and water in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir until the sugar dissolves, then brush down the sides of the pan with a wet pastry brush. Once boiling, insert a candy thermometer.
3. Allow boiling, without stirring, until candy reaches 295 degrees Fahrenheit (146 C).
4. Once the candy reaches 295 F, remove it from heat. Allow it to sit until it stops bubbling completely. Stir in the extract of your choice, and, if desired, food coloring.
5. Get the candy into the mold cavities.
6. Allow to cool it for a while and remove once hardened.
7. Store your lollipops individually wrapped, in an airtight container at room temperature, for up to a month.
Fun right? But, it's even more fun to make this for a party! I am sure your guest would love to take one. A happy tummy is a happy guest!