Talking about sweets, you must have been craving for something that makes your tooth crave. No one is too old for marshmallows. The 6-year-old within you hasn’t died especially when your all-time favorite comfort food is laid in front of your eyes. Imagine the fluffy and ooey-gooey goodness of marshmallows melting on your mouth.
How could you resist?
It would surely take a lot of effort to do so especially if you would infuse it with another delightful ingredient—Marijuana. And of course, adding this adult-like magical element should never be forgotten to be included in the list. Now, you would learn how to create a treat out of marshmallows, cereals, and cannabis.
It takes high-quality ingredients and few easy steps to make your weed-infused rice crispy treats. Here’s how:
- 1/2 bags mini marshmallows
- 1/2 tablespoons unsalted cannabis-infused butter
- 1/2 tablespoons cannabis-infused coconut oil
Note: You can either use both (butter and oil) or just choose from one of them
- 3 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- large pan
- cooking spray
- parchment paper
- Spray the bottom of parchment paper with cooking spray.
- Over medium-high heat, melt the butter, oil, and extract together in a pan.
- Continue heating while gradually adding some marshmallows. Stir them continuously until well-blended to prevent from scorching.
- Remove the pan from the heat and slowly add small portions of cereals until the mixture is generously covered. To make the job easier and non-sticky, coat your spoon with oil before mixing the cereals.
- Transfer the cereal mixture to the parchment paper. Using a spoon, press it down until you achieve the desired thickness of the crispy.
- Let it cool.
- Cut it evenly according to the number of people you want to serve. Ideally, this recipe could provide 20-30 servings.
- If you love chocolate, you can drizzle some chocolate syrup on top before cooling.
Once the rice crispy treats are cool and ready to be served, you might want to consider the amount of cannabis in an average dose. The dose varies per individual portions you cut and the ingredient’s potency. If you are still a beginner, 5-10 mg is enough and safe. The precise calculation of how THC in the product is quite impossible now. You could also check out the article about the things a beginner should know about edibles. To be safe, start on small doses first or 1-2 bites. Eat slowly. Longer onset time, approximately 90 minutes, is recommended. Full effects are felt for 2 to 6 hours. You could keep yourself from experiencing discomfort and save from all the hassles once you have consumed within the low doses.
There you go! The kid in you is surely happy now. But of course, your older self is much happier as you have again discovered a new treat that would not only make you feel good and high, but also comfort you in times when you need comfort the most. For any comments and suggestions, feel free to write it out down here. We would be happy to know your thoughts.