- 1 package (3 oz) flavored gelatin (like Jell-O brand)
- 6 1/4-oz packages (1.5 oz total) unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- Candy molds of your choice
- Nonstick cooking spray
1. Prepare the candy molds by making sure they are clean and dry, then spray them with a very light coating of nonstick cooking spray. Place the molds on a baking sheet.
2. Combine the unflavored gelatin, flavored gelatin, and cold water in a small saucepan. Whisk everything together very well until it’s combined and the gelatin has dissolved.
3. Place the saucepan on the stove over medium heat. Continue to whisk occasionally while the mixture heats up and becomes a liquid.
4. Once the gummy mixture is fully liquid, remove the pan from the heat and pour the gelatin into a measuring cup or other containers with a spout. Carefully fill each cavity with gelatin, then transfer the baking sheet with the candy molds to the refrigerator so the gummy candies can full set.
5. Once the candies are set, remove the gummies by carefully pushing the sides of the candy away from the edges of the mold and toward the center, then pull them up and out of the molds.
6. Homemade Gummies can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator or at cool room temperature for several weeks.
Those are the steps to making homemade gummy candies. Easy, right? Enjoy making them!